Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Scared that a pregnant woman will come into your class and you don’t feel confident enough to protect her and the baby? Or maybe you want to teach prenatal and postnatal classes or add some extra skills to your existing studies.
This comprehensive Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training will include how to teach pre-natal yoga to women in all stages of pregnancy. You will also learn how to teach post-natal yoga. This training program will address the physiological, emotional and energetic aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood.
- Explore poses (asanas) and breathing techniques (pranayama) for maximum safety, and that are beneficial for pregnancy
- Learn basic anatomy and the stages of pregnancy (including physical and hormonal changes)
- Learn cautions and contraindications of poses
- Practice hands-on assists for pregnant women
- Learn sequences to alleviate a variety of discomforts: nursing, lower back issues, and core integration
What can this Training do for you?
This program has given tools for yoga teachers for when a pregnant woman comes into their class – they now know how to modify poses and what poses to avoid. It’s given added skills to doulas and midwives, and it’s helped teachers supplement their income by teaching prenatal and postnatal yoga classes.
What We Offer
Our faculty specializes in prenatal and postnatal, has taken many hours of training in this area, teaches at many studios and has extensive experience working with pregnant women, helping ease their concerns and needs. The lead trainer is a mom herself!
• We keep up-to-date with industry standards, and we honour that your progression is uniquely yours. We strive to create a place of safety and an environment where you receive all the tools needed to support women through all stages of pregnancy, birth and after delivery.
I began practicing yoga years before I was pregnant, but when I was expecting my babies, my yoga practice evolved and became so much more amazing. After I had completed my teacher training with Cynthia Funk at the Yoga Sanctuary, I knew I wanted to teach Prenatal Yoga. What I didn’t realize initially was how much I would love sharing my experiences, learning from my students’ experiences and being a part of their journeys. When I teach Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga, I’m tapping into an intuitive side of myself, and I feel so at home. I want my students to feel powerful, strong, relaxed and grounded. I want them to love their pregnancies just like I did. I want them to be excited about their impending labour just like I was. And I want them to feel supported and connected in their new lives as Mothers. When I guide my students in their practice, I feel like they are also guiding me as a woman and a Mother….and this is why I love teaching! I want to share the passion and love I have for teaching prenatal and postnatal with other soon-to-be teachers as teaching this form of yoga is a such a gift and a rewarding experience.
Saturday @ 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday @ 10:00am – 5:30pm
Sat, Apr 22, 2017
Sun, Apr 23, 2017
- A Workbook that contains information on yoga poses, sequences, and more.
- An opportunity to Assist Lead Trainer in the prenatal yoga classes and mom and baby classes.
$350 + HST (due at time of enrolment)
* Receive a 10% discount for Chrysalis Yoga members and 200-Hour YTT graduates of Chrysalis Yoga.
** You can write this off as a professional development expense for your business (please speak with your accountant).
*** Apply this training towards your continuing educational credit with Yoga Alliance.
Terms & Conditions
Price does not include HST. If you cancel before the teacher training begins, a full refund will be given, minus a non-refundable administration fee of $100. If you cancel after the teacher training starts, you’ll be refunded the prorated amount (YTT tuition spread over the number of days) minus the administration fee. If you wish not to receive a refund and continue the teacher training at a future date, you’re welcome to apply the amount paid towards a future training (as credit) – an additional $100+HST administration fee is required
Click on the link below. It will take you to our Workshop page. Scroll down to find the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training. You may need to set up an account if you’ve never been to our studio before; otherwise, login in with your account information and process payment.
Call or come into the studio to process payment. You’ll automatically be signed into the teacher training.
NO APPLICATION FORM IS REQUIRED FOR ACCEPTANCE INTO THE PROGRAM.